Write for Us
- There are many ways to write for us, detailed below. Read more about our editorial independence, ethics, and practices here.
- Street Sense Media does not accept “guest posts” or other sponsored content. Details about purchasing online or print advertising space are available here.
The Opinion Section of the Street Sense Media newspaper remains open to anyone as part of our mission to elevate voices and public debate on issues relating to poverty. However, we give a strong preference to viewpoints on local issues and the voices of people who have experienced homelessness firsthand.
- The opinions expressed are those of each author and do not represent Street Sense Media.
- By submitting an article to this section, you invite feedback and changes from our team of opinion editors and consent to the publication of your work online and in print.
- Submissions are more likely to be considered if they are less than 800 words.
- Submissions that contain hate speech or discriminatory language will not be considered
- Please include a 1-2 sentence bio with your submission that explains your connection to our community and/or any experience that is relevant to your chosen topic.
You can reach our team of opinion editors at [email protected].
*We’re currently hiring another volunteer opinion editor! Download the position description.
All of our writers are hired, whether they are paid or unpaid.
Some of our vendor-artists elect to put in the extra time and rigorous work to produce news reports.
Most of our reporting is conducted by college interns. Learn more about our internship program here.
We also work with professionals who volunteer their time and expertise as reporters and editors. Learn more about our volunteer program here.
Do you have a question about our community or a story tip you’d like us to follow-up on? Please reach out.
You can reach the editorial director at [email protected].
With the exception of special editions, such as the “Summer Reading Issue,” publication in the Art section of our newspaper and participation in all of our artistic workshops are exclusively available to Street Sense Media vendors and case management clients.
You can reach our director of vendor employment at [email protected].
Thank you for your interest in Street Sense Media!