Deliberate Face to F.A.C.E.: Is #UniversalHousing a Human Right?
Register for Free: Here
Join the Focus Attitude and Commitment to Excellence (FACE) group of Street Sense and the People for Fairness Coalition (PFFC) and for a town hall style event. Deliberate Face to FACE: Is housing a human right? is aiming to bring national attention to the issue of housing affordability by engaging the presidential campaigns and analyzing the District as an example.
The audience of housed and un-housed community members will pose questions to the panelists regarding a universal human right to housing. The panel of experts will include speakers from ONE DC, Empower DC, the American Friends Service Committee and the Washington Legal Clinic for the Homeless along with the hosts: DC homeless, and formerly homeless, advocates from PFFC and FACE.
Individuals in government, industry/business/development, social services, law, the DC community and those with lived experience of unstable housing are invited to attend. Please add your voice to the deliberation- an intentional discussion toward making a decision.
There will be a reception afterwards with light refreshments.
- Policies and ways to better link local and national efforts to end homelessness
- Affordable housing = 30% of income, according to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Housing for community members on fixed incomes (SSI, disability, etc.)
- Area median income versus minimum wage of D.C
- Public and private low-income property
Ensure #UniversalHousing is part of every candidate’s platform: